Sunday, March 1, 2009

Bridesmaids' Gifts

I don't have much to say today, but I did want to post a mini-update. In all honesty, there are moments in which I am a bit upset with myself for rushing so efficiently through wedding planning. I really only had two weeks to plan most of my wedding before jetting back to school: dress, shoes, photographer, band, caterer, cake, wedding venue, flowers... all in less than a fortnight. Most of the time, I'm glad to have it over with. But "Bride Alison" sometimes rears her ugly head an insists I ought to have enjoyed it more.

Enter the bridesmaids' gifts. I've had so much fun planning how to buy/make thoughtful, inexpensive, and personal gifts. I wish I could post my ideas: I at least think they're very exciting. It's nice to dwell on a nice gift that says, "thanks for helping with the wedding," but also, "thanks for all the years of friendship and support." I just hope my bridesmaids enjoy them!

I also enjoyed spending a lot of time planning the readings with Adam. You can read more about them in the archives.

No comments:

Post a Comment