Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Showers

My daily routine is so bizarre and non-standard while I'm home that I often find it difficult to make time to write. I'll do better when I get back to Oxford in two weeks. But, for now, I would be horribly remiss not to mention my two amazing showers!

The strongest impression coming away from my showers is one of overwhelming love. One of my mom's best friends, Linda Summerlin, and my aunt, Aunt Donna, put a lot of visible time and effort into throwing me absolutely beautiful showers. People came and people gave me extraordinarily generous gifts. But more than that, I had thirty people really interested and invested in my life. People who wanted to know where I'm going with my life, who cared about my dreams for marriage. The entire experience was overwhelming. Thank you to everyone who helped make my showers so lovely.

You can view pictures of my showers here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment