Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Showers

010

I've had a number of really awesome experiences in the last couple of weeks. One of these was my "week of showers," a week of wedding-dress fittings and bridal parties like no other.

I've already written about some of the moral qualms Adam and I felt about wedding and shower presents. But seeing the looks of love and generosity on the faces of so many friends and family members laid most of those reservations to rest. The rooms were full of people who really care about us and who really wanted to help us provide for our future! We're grateful for their generosity, for the generosity of my Aunt Donna and friend Linda Summerlin who planned the events.

Favorite gifts? Too many to name! But they do include a Royal Albert tea setting for four, a new Cuisineart food processor, and a Black and Decker tool-kit (mine, not his).

The Black and Decker tool-kit was a brainstorm I had a few weeks before the shower. I added as many practical, "non-traditional" things as I could think of: a picnic basket, board games, an herb garden. Can you think of anything else "non-traditional" that might make a nice registry addition?

No comments:

Post a Comment