Thursday, June 4, 2009

Prayer List

I can't remember whether or not I've posted about one of our greatest areas for improvement. As comfortable as we are together, Adam and I find it a little difficult to pray together.

Ultimately, I think the problem may stem from the hard time I have praying by myself. It's so hard to sit down and focus for deep, contemplative prayer. This year, doing CLC has been a real blessing. I've learned to pray with and as a community, a lesson I hope to make use of with Adam. But it's something we're still working on.

But there is one way we already pray together that makes me really happy. Adam and I keep a list of vocations to pray for: people who we know are discerning a call to religious life and people who feel strongly called to married life, but just haven't found that special person. I hope I don't sound condescending, but Adam's been such an incredible blessing to me that I'd love to be even a tiny, tiny part of someone else's story.

So, if we know you're looking for someone or thinking about religious life, we're probably praying for you! And if we don't, we'd love to add you to our list.

2 comments:

  1. A friend of mine from home named Austin Foster recently started seminary. I'm not sure if that's too far along for you, but he'd be a good one to add to your list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I've admitted to reading your blog, I'll legitimize myself by admitting that I also blog. I'm just too self-conscious to put it on Facebook.
    http://poorscholarofoxford.wordpress.com
    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete