Sunday, May 3, 2009

Bridesmaids' Gifts

I've been loathe to post about my very favorite DIY project for the wedding because my bridesmaids are more likely than anyone else to read my blog... I think. But I'm so excited I just can't resist!

Because I live so far away from my wedding venue, I've had a really difficult time putting as much of a personal touch on my wedding as I would have liked. In an ideal world, I would have had time to find a second-hand or vintage dress. I could have learned to make my own veil. And Adam and I could have made our own invitations. But, if our wedding is a projection of our relationship, it certainly makes sense that I ought not lament the fruits of our long-distance love.

Still, the result of my DIY-longing has been a manic and focused attention on my bridesmaids' gifts! I want to say "thank you" to four of the most amazing women in my life in the most personalized way possible.

Without giving too much away, I decided to use English culture as the starting point. I've picked out a very personal gift for all four of my bridesmaids. Each one is getting something "quintessentially English" that either fits her personality, or that references a funny story from our past together.

That's obviously not the handmade part. I'm also scouring the Internet for fun ways to present pictures to them. I have an idea for cute photo frames, involving bridal magazine cut-outs, but I'm still looking for the one, perfect personalized present. Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment