Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Wedding Nightmare #2

Nothing profound to say today, so another wedding nightmare...

With our ceremony fairly soon (just 81 days to go!) the fear that inspired this nightmare has largely evaporated. I think I can manage another less months (less!), but back in March, I wasn't sure I could manage five.

I dreamt that Adam and I decided to get married earlier. Not elope, but to move our proper, full-blown celebration up by five months with only a week's notice. Undaunted, I told him that I would take care of everything. All he had to do was get the priest (Father Bill Gurnee, who is flying in from Maryland for the wedding) to the church by the day of the ceremony.

I worked tirelessly all week to rebook the church, the photographer, the caterer, the band... I called every single individual guest, talked people into flying thousands of miles without any warning. Saturday came. Everyone was there and everyone was set.

"Where's Father Gurnee?" I asked.

"Oh. I called and left a message on his phone a couple of days ago. I haven't heard from him."

Silence. I was so irate! I grabbed his phone and glared at the outgoing calls list. He hadn't even called the right number. It was so unlike him to drop the ball, I couldn't believe he'd done it over something so important. I was so annoyed that I woke up furious with him, even knowing it was a dream.

Of course, Adam would never do anything that careless or thoughtless. He's a wonderful fiance who's been amazingly helpful during the entire planning process! But even though I can hardly wait for the day we get married, but that nightmare was certainly an incentive to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment