Saturday, May 2, 2009

Wedding Nightmare #1

Adam and I both have been having enough nightmares about our big day that I thought it was high time I started blogging about them! I'll try to catch up and keep up with some of the other nightmares we've had. Here's one from last night:

I dreamed that I went for a walk down by the beach(?!?) with my friend, Ellie, right before the wedding. Before we knew it, I was late for the ceremony! We ran up to the church and I lept into my dress, only to discover that it wasn't mine. It was a 1980's monstrosity, completely with long, sticky lace sleeves (our wedding is in August) and huge puffs on the shoulders. To top it off, the dress was several sizes too big and in great danger of falling off.

Because we were so late, I bit the bullet and decided the show must go on. My father walked me down the aisle... but where was Adam? The priest started the ceremony, but still no Adam. Finally, I turned around to look for him. He was running around the back of the church like a madman. In khaki pants and a t-shirt. Adam has completely failed to find a suitable tux!

I ran back down the aisle while the priest continued the service(?!?). Adam and I spent the rest of the ceremony desperately hunting for a tux and calling the bridal store in the vain hope they could bring the right dress in time for our photographs.

Strange, huh? I suppose the worst part is that, in the dream, Adam and I clearly got so distracted about the externals for the ceremony that we completely forgot about the part of the ceremony that counted: our pledge to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment