Saturday, May 16, 2009

Experiences I Wish I Could Have Shared with Adam #2



My mother raised me to find time to volunteer, no matter how busy I am. The objective was clearly to help people, but my most recent volunteer activity is more fun for me than anything else. Who wouldn't want to spend a Saturday afternoon helping English children try on chain-mail or make paper samurai helmets? That's just how fun it is to be an Oxford University Museums volunteer.

Today I did something new... I helped kids dissect pigs' eyeballs. As squeamish as I know Adam can occasionally be about his eyes, I would have loved sharing the fun I had today with him. Adam loves helping people learn things! And these children were really, truly engaged in learning about the eye. Volunteering is something I really look forward to sharing with Adam!

If you're in the Oxford area, I strongly recommend volunteering with OUM. You can find out more about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment