Friday, May 15, 2009

Offbeat?

I recently discovered a new bridal blog, offbeatbride.com. I don't really like as much as Weddingbee, about which I've posted a great deal, but it's still a fun diversion from writing my dissertation. Most of these weddings are so bizarre and so far-out it's difficult to take them seriously.

Then imagine my surprise when I discovered that, from their perspective I'M AN OFFBEAT BRIDE. Why? Because I'm planning to wear my glasses on my wedding day.

I HATE contact lenses. I hate the wear they adhere to my eye. I hate the panic that sets in when I can't get them out. And love the way I look in my glasses. They offset the roundness of my face and make me look generally a bit more clever.

Does that really make me offbeat? Is it a horrible idea for me to wear my glasses on my wedding day? Here's a picture of my AWESOME glasses. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Just a thought: anything you HATE in all caps probably doesn't have to be a part of your wedding outfit? Does your photographer have a strong preference for the light-reflection potential? As long as you aren't worried about them being smooshed in a kiss or flying off in a frenzy of dancing (and if you wear them all the time you're well-accustomed to various activities whilst wearing said lenses)... then do whatcha want :)

    ReplyDelete