Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Wedding Website

My mother has been religiously checking Emily Post's Wedding Planner for Moms just to make sure she hasn't committed some gross breach of wedding etiquette or forgotten some vital part of the ceremony. I half-listened one January night as she poured through the engagement checklist. "Alison! When are you going to make a wedding website?" she cried.

At the time, I was extremely loathe to create a wedding website. It seemed self-indulgent and unnecessary. But, as with many of my unrealistic and idealistic impressions of wedding planning, the unnecessary website proved unavoidably useful. There's just no other simple way to provide a large group of people with a large body of information--information about directions, accommodations, and registries.

And so, without further ado, I reveal to you the wedding website.

There's also a new, permanent link on the side bar of this blog for easier access.

(The domain name does make me feel warm and tingly! The URL is at www.thesoloves.com. Adam and I have our own domain together! We're almost more official now than we were when we declared ourselves engaged on Facebook.)

1 comment:

  1. I know I'm more than a bit behind, but that is exactly what I did with respect to a wedding website.

    ReplyDelete